November 20, 2006

Throwing nightmare fuel on the fire

Image "found" at Deaf Indie Elephants

If you're like I am, you were intrigued a few years ago to hear about how when The Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon are properly synced, an odd, even unsettling, series of coincidental moments occur. And if you are like me, you were ultimately not intrigued enough to actually attempt to do it yourself. Well, finally someone has done it for you (and me). Here's the whole thing in all its creepy splendor (offically called the "Dark Side of the Rainbow"):


It's not as if The Wizard of Oz isn't disturbing enough as it is...

shiver....


Via Transbuddha

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm one of the ones who did try it at home and it was very strange how things synched up! (This was back in '94 or '95 when I first heard about it.)

Chris said...

Well, you're just tooo cool for school, leslie!

If I'd have had a copy of The Wizard of Oz the time I first heard about it (obviously, I had Dark Side), I would've, too. So there. :P

Becca said...

Man I can't believe someone actually took the time to sych this. That is so cool in an incredibly geeky way.

Chris said...

It is very cool. If it weren't for major copyright issues, someone could market and sell it. But, due to the marvel of internet and Google video, we can all enjoy it, for free.

Anonymous said...

OK, this is how much I wanted to do it - I went out and bought both the movie (on VHS *shudder*) and the CD (since my cassette was kinda cruddy) JUST so I could listen to it!