October 18, 2006

Just another day


I don't know exactly what happened between Paul McCartney and Heather Mills. Obviously, I wasn't there. As a Beatles fan, I am squarely in Sir Paul's corner. Having said that, knowing Pauly's past activities, I think it's entirely possible he was doing "things" which perhaps could have created conflicts between him and Mills, and those "things" could have even caused him to become abusive with her (as much as I don't want to believe that). Again, I don't know. I'm doing this post primarily because I think he looks cool in the picture that accompanies this article:

It reminded me of the way he looked in this picture, at one of The Beatles last (if not the last) photo sessions featuring all four of them:


For Paul, I hope he's able to take it all in stride and see it as being just another day. Without McCartney, there's no "Eleanor Rigby," no "Penny Lane," no Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band, no "Blackbird," no side two of Abbey Road, no BEATLES. I think the guy deserves a permanent break. Even from her royal highness, Dame Mills.

3 comments:

Fuzzball said...

I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to believe that Paul is an abuser. I mean, I've already heard that about Sean, how can I lose Paul too? Who's next, Harrison Ford??

*anguished*

Anonymous said...

I think he's wearing THE SAME JACKET in both pics! (And they say I'm a packrat! Pshaw!) :)

Chris said...

HA! Good eye, slesl. I hadn't noticed that.