March 22, 2006

"There are more tears shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones."


Capote


Eight copies in several editions of Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" sit behind the circulation desk at the Finney County Public Library in Garden City (Kansas).


Bryce Druessel plays tag with his sister, Mariah, in the basement of the former Clutter home, now owned by Leonard and Donna Mader. They're playing in the corner where Kenyon Clutter was found dead on the morning of November 15, 1959.
In Cold Blood: A Legacy, in Photos via Lawrence Journal-World


Richard Hickock, left, and Perry Smith, Two suspects in the robbery and murder of the Clutter family were taken from jail in Las Vegas in 1960 by agents of the Kansas Bureau of Investigation to be returned to Kansas to face trial.




Murder By Death (1976)

Sidney Wang (Peter Sellers): Yes, is confusing.
Lionel Twain (Truman Capote): IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!


wtf?

4 comments:

jemison said...

I remember watching Murder by Death now that you mention the part about "say your pronouns!"

I really enjoyed "Other Voices, Other Rooms" by Capote--I thought it was like a southern summer daydream.

Chris said...

Murder by Death was my intro to Truman Capote as a kid. Seems strange, in hindsight, he was in it.

I haven't read "Other Voices, Other Rooms". Based on your description, it sounds like one of the reasons why his writing is described as being "Southern gothic". I've only read "The Thanksgiving Visitor" and In Cold Blood.

jemison said...

Dude, you should cover "Brazil," the parallels to today are scary..."Don't suspect your neighbor, turn him in!"

Anonymous said...

it's 2008 now

I just have seen the movie !
I can't sleep !

I saw the pictures you posted !

thanks !