January 20, 2006

It's a gas, gas, gas


Here's the promotional video the Stones did for "Jumpin' Jack Flash". This version is from an excellent documentary about them called 25x5: The Continuing Adventures of the Rolling Stones. The last bit includes commentary by Keith Richards about the Satanic label placed on the Stones at around the time of this video. For better or worse (no doubt worse), Keith Richards was one of my roll models. I survived.

If kids today are curious about what a rock and roll band is supposed to look like, here you go. Prepare to be schooled (with a strap right 'cross your back).

2 comments:

jemison said...

You know, it's refreshing to watch that.

How can I post access to songs I have in my library? I'd like to start a regular entry listing the song and why it deserves listening.

Chris said...

It would depend on whether you plan to share video or audio files, of course. There is HTML for sound files. Video, at least based on my limited knowledge, is a little more involved. You'd first need to compress the size of the video file (there's software). I think there are several ways to post video files. "YouTube" seems to be used more and more.