March 17, 2010

Coppola directs Twilight movie?

It'll never happen, but the people behind the Twilight movie franchise want Sofia Coppola to direct the third movie in the trilogy, Breaking Dawn.

The bigscreen adaption of Stephenie Meyer's final book in the Twilight "saga" (ha) is said to end up as two separate films. I've never seen, nor have I ever read a Twilight film or book. But I might be interested in seeing one done if it was done by Coppola. She directed one of my favorites, Lost in Translation, and I really liked parts of Marie Antoinette. That movie was sort of like a remake of Barry Lyndon.

The creators of the Twilight saga have also offered Breaking Dawn to Gus Van Sant and Bill Condon. I'd say Condon is the most likely of the three to accept. Wouldn't a Van Sant film be interesting?!


No comments: