October 11, 2008

"The China Probrem"

I'm now fairly certain of which South Park character I am most like. I've had my suspicions for some time now. And for better or worse, that character is Butters. I find myself whimsically, sympathetically saying "Poor Butters" out loud at least once an episode, and he, just as I did, actually sort of liked Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. But he is alone in his opinion in this season's premiere episode, "The China Probrem" (yes, I know it's spelled incollectry). Some are wondering if perhaps the creators of South Park have "gone too far" this time by depicting George Lucas and Steven Spielberg literally raping Indiana Jones (much as Lucas has done with the beloved Star Wars of my 1970s childhood). I don't share that opinion.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've loved Butters ever since he wouldn't stop talking about "Hello Kitty Island Adventure" in the middle of all the "World of Warcraft" craziness. That's a boy after my own heart.

Chris said...

Yes, yes, and when he finally enters the game, he has chosen the exact character as Cartman. That was hilarious.